Patrick Kenneth Blake Hillier was born Thursday Jan 14th @ 6:14 am. He was 7lbs 10oz.
Third time is a charm. I got to do everything i really wanted to do. Which is still shocking to me.
Our due date was Jan 8th 2010. On Tuesday Jan 12th i went in to see my midwives. Hoping they would tell me i was 10 cm and ready to go. I knew it was a long shot... but i was sooooo done being pregnant. I was told that i was about 3 cm and soft. But I was this way on new years eve when I was checked at the hospital. I should explain that. I was having serve headaches for a few day after Christmas. And on new years eve my midwife told me to go into the hospital so they could do some blood work and test to make sure it wasn't something more. Well all with baby was fine, but my head was getting worse. So i was told to get a CT SCAN. Which long story short came back fine and I was told I had sinusitis. But I had been getting mild cramps so the doctor on call had checked me out and i was about 3 cm then.
So back to Tuesday.
After we left the midwives I had a good cry. I had been hoping and thinking i was being told that i would go early. Well never listen to that. Because babies will only come when they are good and ready to. So that night Gary and I talked. I told him i was done. I needed not to be pregnant. I had not had a real night sleep in over a month now. I was becoming a little moody we will say. So i called my midwives and said PLEASE PLEASE BOOK ME TO BE INDUCED. So they did. Monday Jan 18th 2010 I would have a baby boy.
Wednesday the 13th I spent the day cramping off and on. I was just feeling tired and sore. But nothing was really happening. Till about 11 pm. I has noticing the cramping was getting stronger. But i didn't dare say it out loud i was scared it would stop. So at midnight i told Gary to get the birthpool ready just in case. Because at this point it was feeling a little worse. At 1 am we sat on the bed watching the movie Phantoms, and timing surges. Within 20 mins they went from a few secs to lasting 55 secs and 7 mins apart. So at 2 am i called my midwife. Who spent ten mins on the phone with me.. just listening and talking. She said she was on her way and would check me to see and we would go from there. At 3:30 am i was checked and i was 4 cm. So active labour here i was. YUPPIE!!!! That feeling didn't last long.
Gary finished filling the pool, just in time for the surges to get a little harder. But with my birth cd from Jennifer on loud and me into a relax state time seem to disappear. Once i was in the birthpool i was full on into a hypnobirthing trance. I was so relaxed and focused that it was like i was still in early labour not near the end. Gary wasn't sure how strong the surges were. Him and I were in a different world i think. I needed him beside me while i held his hand. When he walked away for a min to get something or anything the pain slipped in and i started losing my focus. But as soon as he was there beside me... I was deep under again. We didn't talk and i didn't flick him away this time. One word sentences would come out of me every now and then. Like "water" or "Cold' which meant I wanted a cold cloth. I think i said i was going to be sick once. But never was. Within two hours i went from starting active labour to it now being almost done. At 6 am i could feel the need to breath down. But i couldn't find words to say it. Partly because my body was doing it all for me. Gary noticed my breathing changed and asked me if i needed to push i said yes.He told the midwives who were in my bedroom getting things ready for me to give birth in bed. So in they came. They had wanted me to get out once the next surge was over. In my head that wasn't going to happen. My body kept up with the J breathing. And next thing i heard from Gary was "ummm Sarailyn (the midwife's name) I think her water just broke". I was told by my loving husband later that watching my water brake in water was like watching a Discovery Channel show on Squids as they shoot out ink. How nice is he.
So that happened at 6:09 Sarailyn checked me and the head was there. After three pushes he was out.
6:14 am was a moment in time but it gave us a beautiful bouncing baby boy. Who had a small head, unlike his brothers who had come before.
The best part was the boys (Lucas 4 and Austin 2) slept right through it. We put them to bed weds night and joked that maybe tomorrow the baby would come. As my older son Lucas had been dying to see what he looked like. They woke up Thurs morning at 9 (the one day they sleep in) to baby Patrick in mommy's arms.
I was and still am in awwww. I gave birth in water at home and so fast. I don't feel like it really happened. I still feel I am in dreamland. Well that is till middle of the night feedings last till morning.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
A BIRTH STORY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Melissa I'm so glad that everything worked out for you. This is one of the most beautiful birth stories I have heard. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.
You're birth story is beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing it...oh and I nominated you for a Kreativ Blog award. Stop by my blog when you have time to copy it over!!!
Post a Comment