Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hypnobirthing


This past Tuesday, hubby and myself went to our first hypnobirthing class. I must say i was surprised. It was more then i thought. I left the first class which a feeling of I can do it.

We left the class knowing what are birth plan was going to be.

HOMEBIRTH IN THE WATER!!!!!!!!

Yes that's right i said homebirth...... i know for the vast of you that sounds crazy. And I don't care. I am tied of hearing omg you can't do that.... or i would so want the drugs, or even worse I can't believe you would want to.... its not a hospital..what is something went wrong.....
LOOK!!!

This is baby number three. I have wanted to do a homebirth since Lucas. But after half way through it i freaked myself out and went to the hospital. I gave into the its going to hurt.

With Austin it was just ok lets go to the hospital. My labour was half the time and after an hour of holding him i was told if i wanted to go home i could. Being as there was nothing wrong with him or me. So this time..... iam going to make it even easier and stay home. In my own warm house, with my husband and midwives.

No need to come knocking ..you wont get in... LOL.. its a closed birth. LOL

We have four more classes to go..and i know iam already ready for my birth.

What is great is this time around we are not the youngest in the class. Although we are the only ones that have kids already. So yet again we are the outcast. LOL... but it was a great feeling watching the A birth and seeing the faces of the mothers and fathers to be was funny. I can remember my first time watching in horror. LOL... but to watch someone else's face is great. LOL... also hearing some of the questions makes me giggle. It's only because i have been there, but its funny how first time parents worry.

Needless to say I know this time round i will get what i want.

HOMEBIRTH
in WATER
baby born JAN 8th 2010.

this is my plan...and nothing is going to change it..

And i don't want to hear and negative words or sayings or anything. If you don't like what we are doing...then turn away and don't comment. Because i don't care what your feelings are on the subject. This is my plan..so you can deal.

Thanks for reading.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your plan is fantastic!!! Way to go on trusting yourself and your instincts. I kno wyou can do this and I'm so happy for you guys! Just remember to trust yourself, your body, and your baby and you guys will do great! How relazing to do a homebirth in water...I think it's the most natural way and easiest way for a baby to come into the world!!! :)

Family Nature said...

Awesome plan. You go girl!

Em said...

Wicked plan. I love it.
Have you ever seen "The Business of Giving Birth"? It's a documentary (by Ricki Lake of all people) about the various birthing methods. It shows a beautiful home water birth that is simply amazing. Even the children other were in the room. It was stunning.
Good luck!

Enjoy Birth said...

Good for you!