I grew up in the most loving and caring home... normal to the core.
Mom was the bread winner & sometimes a drinker.... ( OK a lot of times the drinker) and mom was the typical stay at home mom.
CONFUSED YET??????
Yes i grew up in a gay house hold.
To me it was normal to have two moms. I always wondered why more people didn't have the same. But for years I was the only one i knew who had gay parents. It wasn't till i got to high school when there was many more people who had the same back ground. A first for me was finding out one of my best friends had four gay parents. Both parents were in same-sex relationships. It was the first time i could remember not feeling like an outcast in school.
I use to have to keep it hush hush because a lot of parents didn't like child to hang out with a child of a gay house hold. HEAVEN FOR BID I WOULD COUGH ON THEM AND THEY WOULD BECOME GAY.
A friend of mine just lost a follower off her blog because she wrote about her parents on her blog. Sometimes i don't understand people. If you don't like one post someone writes that doesn't mean you stop reading the blog all together.... GEEZ !!!!!
So if any of you don't like this post and feel the need to move on.... well so be it, and it was nice to have you here while it latest. And to those who still love me.... thanks for staying.



2 comments:
You're Fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing your same-sex parents story too and helping me feel so included in the blog world! I love you! If we stay Proud, the generation we're bringing up will be proud of them too!!!
I think it is so important for queer spawn (kids of gay parents) to feel safe and affirmed to embrace their families and let people know that yes they do have same-sex parents and thats A-OK!
Post a Comment