My Aunt Nora and Mom.Something a little personal ....
I grew up in a very different house then maybe most of you out there. For I grew up with two moms. Yes two moms. Kind of like the TV show my two dads but well for real. My mom Belinda was in a relationship with Nora. They had been together forever as i knew it growing up. I saw them as the perfect couple.
I had found out years later that things were not always the best. But Life had thrown a curve ball at me while i was still to young to catch it.
My Nornie (Nora) as i remember calling her had past away very suddenly when I was ten years old. She had been my real mom. I remember hearing stories of how she would rock me to sleep while i layed on her chest. The only way i would fall asleep was listening to her heart beat. But sadly it was stopped on Jan 10th 1992. After her death life got strange. Things changed so fast that i had lost time for a few months. I can remember being at my uncle Dennis house with my cousin Trish, and other cousins while all the adults were at my place. Which was down a few houses.
Anyways the point of this blog is things changed. After Nora dies that side of the family disappeared. I was always closer to Nora's side growing up. We always did Christmas day and my papa's. And went camping together... all the family things people do. But from i can remember there was a fight between my mother and Nora's family. Not sure what happened, but do remember cops being called and me and my little brother and cousin acting like we were asleep.
(back story) After having only me my mother and Nora wanted to try for another child. Nora gave birth to Marcus in 1988. So to me he was my brother.
(back story) After having only me my mother and Nora wanted to try for another child. Nora gave birth to Marcus in 1988. So to me he was my brother.
Anyways the day after this fight when i got up... i was told i was going home. But my brother wasn't. He was staying with my Aunt Donna. I didn't think it was going to be the last time i saw him. But sadly it was.
Today he is a grown boy/man. He is in the army. OMG. And is living with Donna still. And KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT ME.
I remember living with my Uncle Dennis and my Aunt Kim for a while. Then we moved. And it was the last time i saw them. really. That would have been later in 1992. I had seen some of the family off and on around the city or through friends of friends that knew them. But wasn't till FACEBOOK that I got to know them again.
My cousin Trish, who i wanted to be like as a kid is grown up Married to John, and they have a son Mason.
My Cousin Cheryl is engaged and has a little girl named Emily.
I told you about Marcus.
Uncle Dennis is married to Lisa now. they have a daughter named Jasmine(i think) and Step kids on Lisa's side.
Not sure if any of that made sense. LOL
Today Uncle Dennis called. We are meeting up on Monday or Tuesday to catch up. Maybe he can fill in the holes that i can't remember or don't know. Wait maybe i don't want to know. Maybe its better not to know? Anyways it feel great. He was my fav uncle growing up i spent alot of time with him and his family. So it will be nice for him to now after all these years meet
Melissa Mary Nora Ann Hillier
mother of Lucas and Austin Hillier
and wife to Gary Hillier.
Owners of a house
and soon to own a minivan.
LOL
LOL
I hope Aunt Nora is up there proud of me. Mom too.



1 comment:
Aww, that was really touching, and an intertesting story - thanks for sharing. You have overcome a lot :)
Post a Comment